Thursday, November 09, 2006

Podding and other ponderings...

Well, it's been awhile since I've made a log entry. Things have been quiet lately, until just the other night. Whacking the occassional pirate, cleaning out asteroid belts for CONCORD, running occassional missions for Republic Fleet agents...

No wars, almost no organized pirate corp activity, no jaunts to Great Wildlands and other lawless systems...

Did blow up a pirate's pod for the first time last patrol. Scooped his frozen corpse as it didn't seem OK to just leave him floating there. Not sure what to do with it now, except keep it in the deep freeze... probably should just toss it in the nano-recycler. CONCORD wasn't pleased I'd killed the guy, even though he's just a pod-clone and a pirate. Need to do more "security" work for 'em now just to get my record clean again.

We have a new war too... some mercs in Molden Heath that have been comrades-in-arms. First time I'll probably have to shoot pilots I've flown with as squad mates. No idea what this latest war's about. Just doin' my duty. I figure they're gonna regret their decision mighty quickly... they ain't nothin' compared to the Merc Coalition, and we fought thos guys to a standstill. Yep, we're gonna open up some serious whupass on 'em...

Also found out my mate Krindor's leaving Huang Yinglong. He's been looking for his family that were taken by Amarr slavers, and he's uncovered some clues that will send him deep into Gallente space. At least they're still in Empire--I'd hate to think of them as slaves on some Amarr station in the rim systems.

Krindor was one of the new Huang recruits I spent the most time with, training him, flying as his wingman in missions against pirates and Amarr or Caldari scum. I'll miss him. Did set my com to ping me when he's in-pod. Ain't FTL unisphere com wonderful?

Another new recruit is leaving too, but apparently they can't stomach the discipline it takes to be a pod pilot in Huang.

No comments: