Monday, November 20, 2006

Promotions and POS attacks

So, I spend all my time trying to avoid responsibility in my corp. Now this log I keep got the attention of Ma, who needs someone to be the corp historian and archivist. I've been with Huang from the start, so he figured I'd be good for the job. Anyways, I said sure fine whatever and before I knew it I was promoted to 'Li Shi Xue Jia,' or Old Vhek for 'Studious Historian' or something like that. At least it will let me keep my budding interest in old tech and history going. You can see the spanking new holo-viz of our archives at:
http://huang.sarble.ca/wiki/bin/view

Last night, lost my fourth jag to probably the biggest rookie move of my career. Was tooling around Istodard--local channels showed clear, so I wasn't worried at all, and I was playing around with the scanner interface, and decided to try and warp using it. Ended up warping to the first moon of planet IX, which was a nearly fatal mistake. Turns out, some guys calling themselves the Enigma Navy have set up a small station there. Before I even notice it's there, it's automated defenses have scrammed me and blown the jag to bits. I warp out in my pod, and try to come back in a throwaway probe to scoop my can... no dice. Probe is blown all to hell too. Luckily, I had the ISK (barely) to replace my trusty jag, and then Ma (bless his heart) takes pity on his impoverished corp historian and reimburses me out of his own pocket. Lesson: be careful of where you warp, and NEVER warp to a moon, even in safe space.

No comments: