Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Battleship Blues

A new recruit, Juna, spend some time sewing a new battle standard for Huang:

We all like it, but we're still arguing about our com channel hologram icons.

Anyways, things have been quiet. Learning the ropes of my new Stiletto-class inty, now that I've rebuilt her. Hunting pirates and posting kills on the alliance board--finally got my first "final blow" and kill credit.

So, Namtz'aar K'in pilots took down two enemy stations recently, and all I could do was ammo runs, and that not even that well (one of my tramp haulers took a direct hit from a heavy Amarr laser turret in an engine pod and blew; luckily, everyone was suited up and there were no causalties). When we chase all but the greeniest buccanneers around Molden Heath, all the battleship commanders get the kills with their big guns, while me in my assault frig or inty get is credit for tackling, and the occassional pot shot with my glorified pop guns (well, maybe a mite bigger than pop guns, as more than a few Angel battlecruiser commanders would say if they weren't floating, frozen carrion).

Still, with my light ship I can pop drones and engage enemy support ships but I can't make much of a difference yet when the battlewagons are slugging it out. My fellow Jin Xing pilots are quickly getting better, though, and most will be able to join me flying my beloved jag-class frigs soon. I can only hope once we have a whole wing of these we can really put the hurt on enemy battleships.

While I'm waiting for all those skills to get integrated into the thick skulls of my corp mates, I figure I can play around with some bigger ships soon, if I can rustle up a crew. I'm not much for commanding squibs, but sometimes I really feel like I need some bigger guns...

No comments: