Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Who am I?



Yeah, that's me... Yida of the Kuan clan. Third son of that unheard-of merchant house, operating in Heimatar constellation, Rens system. Nothing special... as the third son, the soldier son, it was expected I attend the Republic Military school; that, and the Warrior mark I gained at my Voluval ritual rite.

I guess spending my childhood at the turret of an autocannon blasting angel cartel pirates to debris clouds gave me some aptitude in gunnery. Always loved to fly fast and blow things up. Seems you can make a career out of that.

Once I graduated (solidly in the middle of cadet class), I just wandered about, taking odd delivery jobs and capping bad guys, until Ma found me. Yeah, that Ma. Ma ZhiQiang, a man with a vision. So I joined Huang Yinglong. I've always been a sucker for the old Vherokior names--when you grow up speaking the melodies of Old Vhek, Standard just sounds flat to your ear.

Things are good in the Victorious Golden Dragons. I'm a Jin Xing, which means I get to sit in my pod and fly my Jag (what a beauty she is, too) killing bad guys all day long, for the honor and glory of the corp. Turned down his offer as a commissioned officer, though--those guys don't have any fun.

Heh... who would have thought I would end up here, in a proper warrior's corp, allied with a bunch of mystical do-gooders? Yeah, those Namtz'aar K'in, they know how to fight, alright. But Pacal gives me the creeps... Still, anyone who can cover your six like those pilots gets a place in my book.

No comments: