Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jin Xing* to the end

Feh... I broke down today and finally bought myself a chip for flying battlecruisers. Just in case, y'know. Prolly never fly one, even if I can find a crew for it.

Thing is, the same reason I don't want to be an officer in the corp is the same reason I don't want to command a crew. Maybe one of those Vagabond-class ships someday, they have style and speed, but for now, it's just me in the pod, and I only have to talk to other pod pilots if I frackin' feel like it.

The crew of my cruiser, the 'Big Stick,' a Stabber-class sleek old job, has been cooling their heels on undefinate R&R for awhile now... luckily, I've plenty of liberated "entertainers" and even clean up crews from various JazzMatazz flophouses bunked with 'em, so they don't complain. And they still get paid--Republic Fleet here on the fringes always seems to have plenty of work, and some of the more la-ti-da agents have sent their sniffing around our launch bay and bivoucs lately, asking about me. So, I'm guessin' I have a rep of some sort, or at least Huang Yinglong does.

Lots of new Vherokior faces, newly minted grads from Republic Fleet military schools, or even some guys with enough plasma burns on their current clone to show they've seen action, keep showin' up here. Gettin' darned crowded, but Ma's happy, so I'm happy.

*Jing Xing: the light fighter arm of the Jin Hu combat house of Huang Yinglong

No comments: